Here you can sign up to be a part of Nairn River Enterprise. Nairn River Enterprise is a charity and aspires to become a social enterprise managed by local people formed to provide services that improve the physical, social and economic make-up of the town of Nairn, generating employment opportunities for local people and contractors.
You can fill in the sign-up form above or download the form at the link here (and at the foot of the page) and send it back to the address shown on the form.
NRE’s Objects (the formal words in legal papers)
- The Company’s purpose is the advancement of citizenship or community development (including rural or urban regeneration), the advancement of environmental protection or improvement and therelief of those in need by reason of age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage.
- The Company seeks to benefit the communities of Nairn and Nairnshire which are defined as falling within the postcode area IV12, hereinafter known as ‘the Community”, with the objects of creating community services and projects that not only benefit the local people of Nairn, but are also managed and controlled by local people. The purpose of these services is to contribute to well-being; regeneration in the town; civic pride; the enhancement of the local environment; and to provide a local employment and skills pipeline.But such that the Company shall do so following principles of sustainable development.
Full Members MUST live in NREs area. However, anyone living outside NRE’s area can become an Associate Member and, if elected, a Director. Full members have a vote.
No member of the Enterprise, including members/directors, has ANY financial liability over a nominal £1, and only becomes liable for this if the company is wound up.
As a member your name and address will be made available to anyone who requests it.
In the unlikely event that the company may make a surplus, this is reserved for the benefit of the company. There shall be no shareholding, dividend or bonus and no member/director may benefit from the company or be employed by it.
There will be no fewer than 16 members of the company and the majority must be voting members.
Voting Membership of the company is open to those individuals aged 16 and over who:
- Live in the defined community
- Are entitled to vote at local government elections in the defined community
- Who support the purposes of the enterprise
Non-voting membership of the company will be open to any other individual aged 12 and over and to those who live outside the defined community. Such “Associate Members” cannot vote and cannot become Directors unless co-opted by majority vote of the ordinary members.
You can also download the join-up form here